Be a Foster Parent
What is required to foster a child?
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- Must be able to financially support yourself without public assistance
- Parents may be single, divorced, married/non-married, or partnered couple
- Adult family members must pass stringent background checks
- Must have reliable, insured transportation & valid driver’s license
- Home must have sufficient bedroom space
- Must successfully complete Foster Parent Training
Training for Licensed Foster Parents
Each year, foster parents must complete 12 or more hours of classroom training. To help foster parents meet this requirement we offer “Power Hours” training every few months. These Saturday trainings help foster parents earn up to 6 hours in a single session.
Additionally, we provide a training on the second Wednesday of each month from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Foster parents earn 2 hours for attending this training. These sessions are designed to make it easy for foster parents to maintain training hours & to prevent an end-of-the-year rush to earn their credits.