IN*SOURCE provides a host of trainings (both workshops and webinars) to help parents with special needs children and youth. These trainings do count toward our foster parents’ annual training requirement. In order to get credit for completing the training(s), foster parents will need to submit a certificate to Susan Peterson. This certificate is typically provided by IN*SOURCE, or can be printed at home.
WORKSHOPS : Special Education Trainings for Parents and Professionals
If you are interested in attending any of these trainings/workshops, please contact the contact person listed for more information. If you are interested in scheduling a training/workshop, please contact Scott Carson at IN*SOURCE, (574) 234-7101 or (800) 332-4433.
Upcoming workshops include:
- Special Education 101 / Saturday, April 11, 2015 / 10:00-12:00 noon EDT
- The Special Education Process: Understanding Article 7 / Saturday, April 11, 2015 / 9:30-11:30 a.m. CDT
- Your Dependent with Special Needs – Making Their Future More Secure / Monday, April 27, 2015 / 6:30 p.m. CDT
- Transition to Adult Life / Thursday, April 30, 2015 / 12:00-2:30 p.m. CDT
Many Webinars are archived and available at your convenience; among the many available are:
- Advocating for the Special Needs Foster Child
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD): Characteristics, Practical Strategies, & Potential Supports
- Bullying at School and Children with Autism
- Facilitated IEP Services
- (The) Facts About Charter Schools and Special Education